Comprehensive two-dimensional chromatography (LC x LC or LC x SFC) is a recognized powerful approach for complex sample analysis. The numerous analytical challenges involved by its implementation are addressed by the group Chromatography & Hyphenated Techniques:
- Interface between both dimensions. Based on theoretical approaches, the group proposes innovative solutions to the problem of injection in the second dimension.
- Hyphenation to high resolution mass spectrometry and more recently to ion mobility mass spectrometry. The final objective is to drastically increase information on complex samples especially those containing numerous isomers.
- Optimization strategies. The group investigates, from theoretical and empirical relationships, a new approach to make the development of LC x LC methods easier, faster and more efficient.
- Multidimensional data processing. The group develops calculation tools to properly manage the huge number of data resulting from the four dimensions (LCxLC-IM-HRMS).
- Preparative chromatography. The group is interested in coupling different preparative separation techniques including Centrifugal Partition Chromatography, Supercritical Fluid Chromatography and Liquid chromatography.
- On-line 4D HICxSEC-IM-MS for Antibody Drug Conjugate characterization (patent)
- On-line LC x SFC for achiral and chiral analysis within a single run
- Calculation tool for optimizing on-line LCxLC methods
- Quantitative analysis in on-line RPLC x RPLC for pharmaceutical compounds
- Innovative solution to overcome injection issues in on-line RPLC x HILIC
Contact: Dr. Sabine HEINISCH, Group leader – sabine.heinisch[@]isa-lyon.fr